Friday 8 August 2008

2 days left!

It's hard to believe that my year away is drawing to a close. It has been a rollercoaster ride of amazing highs and lows - there has been so many experiences that I've only touched on a fraction of them. I've met some truely inspiring people and feel extremely fortunate to have been able to have done this. It really has opened my eyes and has constantly reminded me of what a great life I have back home. The things we consider every day stresses are pitifully small in comparison with what a lot of people have to contend with ..... I shall try hard to grumble a lot less!

1 comment:

George and Liz said...

Hi Pip, sorry to here that your adventures are drawing to a close as I have really enjoyed reading your diaries. Even now I have been catching up on your last few weeks events and laughing out aloud at your hospital experiences from the patients' perspective sri lankan style. Its certainly better being the observer than the patient and esp as a foreigner who has access to alternative private health care on hand. Im really looking forward to see your photos and hearing more funny stories.Don't forget everything you have learnt and sworn to change in your life at home as it will not take long before you think it was all a dreamy memory, lots of love liz ps hope to see you soon